Wednesday, April 29, 2015

My Knitting Project


I could knit before I could crochet, but never learnt much beyond basic knit and purl.

I would love to expand my repertoire of knitting, and fell in love with the 'Beekeeper's Quilt' by Tiny Owl Knits. These tiny 'hexipuffs' make up a beautiful quilted blanket. This is my third attempt, and although not perfect, I'm very happy! I think this is going to be a very long term project, but it will be easy to take the small amount of yarn needed for one puff with me, so I can knit if I'm out and waiting for appointments.

Im using up my odds and ends, which is predominantly 8ply/dk yarn, so my puffs are a bit bigger than the pattern, which calls for sock yarn. As a novice knitter, I think the is as small as I could manage!

My knitting urge is satisfied for the time being!

No comments:

Post a Comment