Sunday, April 5, 2015

Crocheted Garments - 2015 Crochet Trends


Earlier in the year (this post) I said I wanted to make more garments. I am starting by working on my own creation.

Deramores is running a blogging competition, wanting to find out what the predicted trends for 2015 are. It was a pleasant surprise to find one of my crochet heroes, Kat Goldin from Slugs on The Refrigerator, has listed crocheted garments as her trend prediction for 2015. (You can read it HERE)

I don't know why the idea appeals to me so much. I think its because I want to break away from throw away fashion, I want a 'capsule' wardrobe, with pieces I can be proud of.  And the realisation that you CAN crochet clothes. There are so many modern and beautiful patterns, not just granny squares - Although I did just see a pretty rocking granny square skirt pattern!



It's a slow start, but here is the piece I am working on right now. I'm completely free styling it, based only on the fact I know what a yoke should vaguely look like! I'm tailor making it to myself, so it may end up being a one of a kind. Once finished, I would like to see what works and what doesn't, and maybe put together a pattern.



This post is my submission to the Deramores Craft Blog Competition 2015. Deramores is the UK’s number one online retailer of knitting and crochet supplies. Visit www.deramores.com for more details. 

2 comments:

  1. That wool looks so soft. I tend to avoid making garment, mainly because my tension in both knitting and crochet tends to be loose, so it means faffing about with swatches and trying to find a needle/hook size that works. I also hate putting them together. I hope you'll post updates as you go, I'm intrigued to see how this turns out :)

    ReplyDelete