Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Patchwork Crochet part 3: an update


 I've been making lots of little squares to make up a patchwork blanket, it is taking longer than anticipated!
If you need a reminder, this is the little sketch I am working from (from this post) I'm not 100% sure of my dark colour choice! 





I won't be joining them until I have all the squares, as I find I make wonky seams otherwise.

If you want a recap of the pattern, here it is: (I've edited it to make a smoother join, with two slip stitches to start/finish each round)


start with a magic ring

1st round: 3 chains, 2dc, 3ch, 3dc, 3ch, 3dc, 3ch, 3dc, and slip stitch into 3rd chain from beginning, and slip stich between the 3chains and first dc

2nd round: 3chains, *dc between each dc of previous row until you reach the corner. 2dc 2ch 2dc into corner. repeat from * (you should have 6 dc on each side) slip stitch into 3rd chain from beginning and slip stitch between the 3chains and first dc

3rd round: 3chains, *dc between each dc of previous row until you reach the corner. 2dc 2ch 2dc into corner. repeat from * (you should have 9 dc on each side)  slip stitch into 3rd chain from beginning and slip stitch between the 3chains and first dc.

Repeat each round with one dc between each dc of previous stitch, and with 2dc 2ch 2dc in each corner.

I've found this works best as a small square 5 or so rounds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment