Thursday, May 9, 2013

Beach Inspired Blanket



I've made a fair few baby blankets for my boys, but now I want to make something a bit bigger, and something a bit more grownup now they are all out of baby sized beds!


I picked up this yarn from Kmart (and saw some very similar at Big W) It has three shades of blue, two beige/sand tones and white. It is acrylic, which I prefer to use for blankets but even surprised me with its softness.

So far I have made six squares using the same pattern as my patchwork crochet blanket, with 6 rounds each.


Only two boys braved the water


I'm so pleased with the colours. Don'y worry, they didn't get very sandy at all!

5 comments:

  1. What gorgeous colours - I would love a throw in those colours for the end of my bed. Think I need to 'talk' to my sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't picked up my crocheting yet this season but now the weather is starting to get cooler - can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colours in that wool! They so do reflect beach colours. I hope you post the finished product. I'd love to see it. I haven't crocheted or knitted in absolute years. It all stopped when I got busy with kids and then returned to work. You're making me feel inspired to maybe start again ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colours! Can't wait to see the finished blanket

    Thanks for linking up to And Sew We Craft Together Emma!

    Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful colours and inspiration Emma! Looking forward to see the final result.

    ReplyDelete