Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Magic Sliding Loop Ring.. {a re-do}

I've been making a lot of circular motifs, and finding the sliding ring/magic loop technique has become my favourite method to start in the round. Not being happy with the photos I posted last time (I over did the saturation) I decided to have a re-do. 


Step 1: wind yarn around finger, with end away from you. Don't have it too tight, as you need to fit the hook under (step 2)


Step 3: bring yarn through both loops


Step 4: remove from finger


Step 5: chain (I'm using US dc, so 3 chains. US tr would require 4 etc)


Step 6: complete 1st row (my pattern is for 23dc + 3ch for 24 stitches)



Slip Stitch into top of chain row and you are ready to start 2nd row.


8 comments:

  1. The Ring looks so neat.... Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so glad i find you're blog. finally i found someone who really knows how to teach! thank you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so nice of you to say! Thank you

      Delete
  3. Oh! So that's how to start a hat....thank you SO much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Гениально и просто! Спасибо!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much. I didn't think that I would ever learn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your tutorial and am using it for granny afghan for granddaughter, but how do you secure the hole after you tighten the ring?
    Thanks,
    Sally

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...