Tuesday, October 2, 2012

{yarnbombing} adventures


As predicted, I have been a bit quiet on the blog this past week. However, I did get out and do my first ever yarnbombing, inspired by One Sheepish Girl. (EDIT: She has posted about the yarnbombing day, and my photos are featured. I'm very excited!, click here to see the post)

I did two little bombs, one of the is still a work in progress.

The first one is a granny square, tied to a bus stop pole :)

The second a little vine around a street sign. 


It stretches up a bit higher, but I was trying to be subtle taking the photo :) I am thinking of adding some flowers to the vine. 

There will be a vine tutorial up in the next few days, and I haven't forgotten the give away, it has just taken longer to organise that I anticipated! 

Hope you enjoy the rest of the school holidays if you are in the middle of them, and even if you are not, then have a great week anyway!

10 comments:

  1. love these pictures!!!

    #teamIBOT :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love yarn bombing, it's something that always make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I live in inner Melbourne and there is lots of yarn bombing near where I live! Signs, bike racks, power poles. It looks great and I love that the local council leaves it there - I think they like it too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw these on IG and thought how amazing it looks. Yarn bombing's an awesome idea! Keep it up, Emma. You're helping make the world that much more pretty :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the vine. The tutorial will be a lot of fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully soon, I just need a bit of time to do it!

      Delete
  6. I found you through One Sheepish Girl and love your projects! So clever and so bright. I would love to see more of your projects over time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks, hope you stick around!

      Delete
  7. Ha ha! I love this idea! Such a fun way to bring the world some colour. ;)

    ReplyDelete