Wednesday, September 5, 2012

What I'm Working On {Wednesday}

I decided to use this Star pattern. I've been wanting to make one for the longest time!







Source: ravelry.com via Emma on Pinterest



You can find the pattern here: thekidneybean.wordpress.com (there are some other very cool patterns there too)

The pattern is intermediate, but once you get a feeling of it, its not too hard. It uses primarily US dc (it is written with US terms)  (UK tr)
The 'valleys' are a modified crochet together, and the points use an adjacent dc, which I had a little trouble with. I don't know that I got the pattern exactly as it should be, but I am happy with my results!

There is a step by step tutorial of the adjacent stitch and the first two rows.

You can make this star as big as you like, or stop at a couple of rows. I think you need at least 5 rows to get a nice pointy star.

I'm turning two stars into a throw pillow. I'm about 3/4 finished. Here is the first side in progress:


If you are interested in learning to crochet, I have up tutorials which cover almost all the basics. I think I've got most things covered! Feel free to ask any questions.




1 comment:

  1. I've always loved the pink and bright pink colour combo. Beautiful work, Emma ! x

    ReplyDelete